Sunday, January 28, 2018

Product Love: Vichy Mineral 89.


I rarely buy skincare in the drugstore but when I do, with the exception of Nip+Fab Glycolic Pad, it is almost always something that is by a French pharmacy brand. 

The recent combination of extremely cold dry weather, wind, and coming inside to aggressive central heating has been making my face feel (and appear) more dehydrated than usual. I had been searching for something that would give instant and lasting hydration while being soothing and calming and the simple formula of Vichy V Mineral 89 Daily Booster is the one has been ticking the requirement boxes of my skincare needs of late! 

This clear, oil free gel contains 89% Vichy mineral water along with Hyaluronic Acid. Vichy recommend using this as a moisturiser but I find that it is perfect to use as a daytime serum sandwiched between spritzes of Vichy Eau Thermal before a daily moisturiser. Mineral 89 layers beautifully with other products (I haven't experienced any rolling or piling with it) and it preps my skin perfectly for make up. In addition it absorbs easily and doesn't feel at all sticky as some H.A. products have a tendency to. As a further bonus, due to the presence of fifteen minerals in Vichy spa water, both of these products help to strengthen skin while re balancing its PH and help to protect it from the effects of airborne pollutants and extreme weather conditions. 

Mineral 89 is easy to find in drugstores (I get mine from CVS/ cvs.com) as well as high street beauty retailers such as Ulta/ ulta.com
It's also wallet friendly, a 50ml bottle (almost double the size of most serums) costs $29.50. 
And if you are super dry and in need of lots of extra hydration the thermal water aerosol costs just $14.00 for 150g. I highly recommend that you buy both and use them together for optimum results.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment