Thursday, January 4, 2018

All the Empties 2017.




My love affair with all things beauty wise showed no sign of abating in 2017 and I used a whopping total of one hundred and forty three full sized products and three hundred and eighty five samples! June's Month of Foil project accounted for one hundred and thirty two foil samples alone with the rest of the foil samples, minis and full sized products spread pretty evenly throughout the year.
Here's a breakdown of the full sized products that I used (because analyzing my use of samples and sachets is a bit too nerdy - even for me!)





Skincare.
I finished fifty eight items of skincare over the course of 2017. The largest category of which were, unsurprisingly, cleansing products of which I used thirteen in total made up of three milks, three gels, two balms, two creams, one oil, and one pack of wipes. I used one bottle of foaming cleanser which I re purposed it as a hand wash and I have included this in my count. In addition I used four separate eye make up removers, two of which were packets of pads and two of which were liquids.
I enjoy using facial mists and spritzes and used six facial sprays as well as four aerosol containers of fancy spring water. In addition to these hydrating toners and sprays I used four packs of glycolic acid pads and one bottle of glycolic toner.
I used ten bottles of serum and two bottles of facial oil along with nine facial moisturisers and three eye creams. I also used one bottle of Vitamin C powder.
Somewhat shamefully I only managed to use one full sized sunscreen but my daily make up and primer both contain SPF and I rarely sit in the sun and never sunbathe.




Body Care.
I used thirty nine body products of which eleven were shower gels and one was a bath oil. I also used one shower gel infused sponge. I need to moisturise after bathing and used up fifteen bottles of body lotions and three pots of body butter. As my hands are in water a lot I also slather on hand cream and I finished eight tubes throughout the year (some of these were handbag sized but I count these as full sizes as they retail as such).



Haircare.
I used twenty six hair products up in 2017.
I used a lot of sachets and minis during the year so there were only five empty bottles of shampoo but I did manage to use eleven bottles of conditioner! I used one tin of texturising spray, one salt spray and one hair spray. I also used three handbag sized dry shampoos which I used to add grit and texture rather than as cleansers. I used up one large pot of conditioning hair mask and three leave in hair oils/serums.



Make Up.
It takes so long to finish a make up product but I did try my best to finish a few things up and managed to empty fourteen. 
I used one primer and one eye make up primer. I used four other face products: two tinted moisturisers, one cream blusher and one highlighter. I used one single powder eye shadow, two eye liner pencils and two full sized tubes of mascara. I finished three lip products: a gloss, a balm and a liquid lipstick.




Miscellaneous.
Finally six products that I couldn't quite categorise: two facial sheet masks, one foot peeling mask, one bottle of perfume, one book of facial blotting papers and one bottle of top coat for nail polish.




I used up more products in 2017 than in 2016 so who knows what 2018 has in store!







No comments:

Post a Comment