Tuesday, January 9, 2018

A Small Beauty Restock #3.


I've not exactly been on a 'no buy' kick but I have been trying to use things up so I have bought a lot less than usual over the past few months - beauty wise that is - clothes it seems are a whole different thing and I have made quite a few clothing purchases although in all fairness my wardrobe did need a bit of a re-jig.  
Anyhow I had some Space NK NDulge points to use and I also had a $20.00 off code to use so I stocked up on candles. There's nothing else that makes a house feel luxurious yet at the same time cozy and homely in quite the same way as a very nice candle I feel, and I've been yearning for a little bit of Byredo in my life! I love the sleek design of these candle jars and I adore the look of the black wax they are poured from, not only does it look surprising chic, should you overlook trimming a wick the wax isn't going to get dirty and nasty looking with soot and smoke. 
I bought Bibliotheque for our living room which is apowdery leather fragrance touched with my favourite notes of patchouli and violet (I love, love , love these two scents together!). It's a little masculine, very cozy and warm feeling - perfect for winter. For my bathroom I chose Burning Rose which wears its name well as it is a woody rose scent that smells somewhat smoky and also has notes of leather and violet to add to its complexity. Both of these are truly gorgeous and they compliment each other very well. 
(Diptyque you may have to stand aside I think I've found my new favourite candles!)   


Before Christmas I also received a $15.00 voucher from Sephora. I wasn't in need of anything in particular but I decided to put it towards one of their value sets and I picked out this one by Caudalie. I'm a big fan of pretty much anything by Caudalie so I was keen to try out their newest range, VineActive. This range contains polyphenols to protect and repair skin from damage caused by environmental pollutants along with Vitamin C to aid with pigmentation issues and increase 'glow'. In addition the eye cream is loaded with peptides and the serum contains Hyaluronic Acid.
The set includes a full sized serum along with a 15ml moisturiser and a 5ml eye cream. It contains $83.00 of product and retails for $52.00, which with the addition of my $15.00 voucher meant that this really was too good an offer to miss out on!


Sephora also had some rather amazing weekly deals in the run up to Christmas. I'm a bit of an eye shadow wuss - I know what I like and stick to it as a rule - but I have had my eye on the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Palette for a while as it's not a 'scary palette'! It has twelve wearable matte neutral shades and when I saw it was available for half price, $27.00, it was the perfect time to pick it up as a little Christmas present to myself.


 Finally I had a lot of Sephora points to cash in. I have a feeling that they now expire after a certain amount of time, am I right? I would hate to loose them so I have been checking out the Reward's Bazaar from time to time. I'm generally not too impressed by the offerings there (hence me having a bundle of points) but I thought that this Lancome reward was pretty enticing. I already like their Bi-Facil Eye Make Up Remover which is gentle and effective and this 1.7 fl oz bottles will last for a good amount of time. The kit also contains good sized samples of the new hydrating Energie de Vie range, these jars of day, night and eye cream will be perfect for my wash bag when I travel.

I'm very pleased with my new purchases and I'm eagerly awaiting a few more from the sales which I will no doubt feature in a Part Two of this post sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment