Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Little Fires Everywhere.


The Richardson family are well regarded pillars of the community in the affluent Shaker Heights neighbourhood of Cleveland, that is until their lives are upturned by the arrival of free spirited artist Mia Warren, and her daughter Pearl, who move into one of their rental units. 
As the lives of the two wildly different households become entwined the Richardson children are drawn to Mia and her daughter and family matriarch, Elena Richardson, begins a quest to find out more about her mysterious tenant.

I'll be honest and admit that I was pretty reluctant to read Little Fires Everywhere as for some reason I simply didn't think that it would  be my kind of book but I ended up absolutely loving this engrossing domestic drama! It was a great pick and got my New Year's reading off to a flying start.

Well written, witty and humourous, yet also thought provoking and sad, the characters were superb and the plot was intricately woven. I did find that it was a bit of a slow starter but once the characters were developed and the story got going I was thoroughly involved with this story. The ending was left somewhat open so, who knows, maybe (fingers crossed) there will be a second installment of Little Fires...

Recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment