Thursday, December 15, 2016

Surprise! A Free Allure Beauty Box!



The other day I received an email telling me to look in my mail for a free beauty box from Allure
I subscribe to Allure magazine and I know some other people have had a free box so I'm guessing that they are trying to get either more subscribers for the box or to keep magazine subscribers subscribing. I am a tad mystified as to why Allure sent out free beauty boxes but I'm not complaining...
The box I received is one of the variations that was sent out to Beauty Box subscribers in October this year and I must admit that it's a pretty good box. 
Inside were the following:

. Spongelle Body Wash Infused Buffer (Full size, value $15.00). I've never seen these before! This is a synthetic sponge that is infused with a body wash. The sponge itself is quite hard so this product will buff and exfoliate as you wash. This cruelty free bath time treat is vegan and free of parabens. It is beautifully fragranced with Freesia and Pear and lasts for around 20 showers. I adore the scent of freesias and I like a scrubby sponge so this is a perfect product for me!
 There is also a token for 25% off Spongelle products on line. These would make great sticking fillers or Secret Santa gifts don't you think?

. Tatcha Indigo Soothing Silk Body Butter (30ml, value $8.00). Tatcha products are an indulgence, even the way they package their samples feels very luxurious. I haven't tried any Tatcha body products but have always been pleasantly surprised by their face products. This blue toned body cream has a faint spa like smell and feels soothing and silky on application. I love body creams and butters and can't wait to try this out!

. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (50ml, value $10.00). Dry shampoos are something of a staple in subscription boxes (along with eye liners, mascaras and lip products) aren't they?
I don't use them for cleansing my hair but I do like to use them to add volume (especially now we are in 'hat hair' season). Generally, I like Klorane products so I will add this to my stash and give it a go.

. Brigeo Don't Despair, Repair! Hair Mask (29ml, value $9.00). This deep conditioning mask is free of sulphates, parabens and silicones so it's suitable for my dyed hair. My hair always feels softer and has less frizz when I use a mask such as this and I need to make the effort to use them more often. This tube can go straight into my shower!

. Mally Volumising Mascara (Full Size, 10ml, value $20.00.) Another sub box staple! This is great as it is full sized though, and whilst I don't know anything about Mally, I have read favourable reviews of this mascara.

. Doucce Freematic Eye Shadow (1.4gr, value $9.00). This is a shimmery, copper toned powder eyeshadow from yet another brand that is new too me. It's actually a great colour for the winter season with just the right amount of glitz to wear to parties over the festive season. 

Overall. 
This box sells for $15.00 when you subscribe to this monthly beauty box but I paid nothing for this surprise box!The contents of this box are valued at $70.00 and I liked everything in it, especially the two body items. And there were three brands represented that are entirely new to me.

However, I have to say that from reviews I have seen recently this seems to be one of the better Allure Beauty Boxes that has been issued of late. I'm afraid I'm not much of a fan of sub boxes I'm as the contents vary so much from month to month and there so are often repeat products or billing/delivery issues. For these reasons this box didn't entice me to take out a subscription even though I was impressed with everything in it.

It was a lovely surprise to find in my mail box though.
 Thank you Allure!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment