Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A Small BeautyRestock #2.



I feel that I have written a lot of posts of late about freebies and samples but not shown what I have actually bought. Here are the things that I have actually parted with cold hard cash for...

Unusually for me there are quite a few bits of make up. 
Firstly YSL Touche Eclat Neutraliser in the shade 'Bisque'. This is one of the newish range of colour correcting Touche Eclat pens which in addition to highlighting also neutralises colour imperfections. This peachy one is perfect for disguising dark under eyes circles and blends perfectly without settling into fine lines and creases. (There is also a green toned one to help correct redness and a violet one to counteract dullness and yellow tones). 

Once a year CVS  have a very good promo on NYX lip colours. This year they were 99 cents each! I bought a Butter Gloss in 'Fortune Cookie', a nude gloss that indeed does feel buttery and moisturising along with another nude that has slightly more slightly more shimmer from their Pump It Up range (the shade is 'Kim') . They both show a little paler than their packaging would indicate, but they are both very wearable. Kim has a slight tingle on application but apart from that is almost a dupe for my all time favourite gloss, Chantecaille Brilliant Lip Gloss in 'Modern'.

Four eye shadows (and yes they are almost all the same colour!). I'm trying to replace one colour from a NYX Dream Catcher Palette and three separate trips to Union Square's pop up NYX store have resulted in three different nude matte shadow purchases none of which is the one (although at least they are, rather miraculously, different shades). If you want a nude taupey brown I can recommend all three of these colours: #10 Underneath it all, #27 Happy Hour and #4 3S.O.S.

The final eye shadow I bought was a Kevin Aucoin Single Powder Eye Shadow, shade #105 'Taupey Grey' at the Space NK store opening in Brooklyn. It is more pigmented and much finer than the NYX shadows and it errs on the greyish side - very easy to blend and flattering when worn - perfect for a smoky eye( but still not quite what I was after!) 


I've been wanting a fancy face mask for some time and had been considering splurging on one from Sisley but when I was at the Space NK opening I finally caved in and bought another that I had been coveting: Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask. I've used this before and although pricey it is well worth the expense. It is a clay mask that is gentle and non drying, you can use it very sparingly and it is so easy to flannel off (I am over messy clay masks!) When you take it off you are left with clean evenly toned and brightened skin that feels softened and looks glowing. It really is incredibly good - now I just need a super fancy hydrating mask as well...

And then two gift cards arrived for me, one from Space NK, and one from Sephora. 
I used the Sephora one on the Dr Dennis Gross Hydration Heroes Skincare Set
Dr Dennis Gross is one of my favourite skincare. This set represents contains four Medi Spa Peel Treatments which is a weekly clinical strength peel with a firming peptide rich moisturising milk to apply after, along with a full sized jar of Hyaluronic Moisture Cushion, a hyaluronic acid rich moisturising gel especially suitable for dehydrated skin and a sample of Hydration Booster which is an intense moisturising serum that you can use either by itself or add to other products.

There wasn't anything that I was desperate for from Space NK so I decided to use the gift card and my Ndulge points on some luxury haircare products. I picked out another value set, from OUAI. This set contains full sized bottles of Repairing Shampoo, Repairing Conditioner and Hair Oil along with a handbag sized Dry Shampoo
I don't often indulge in luxury hair care so when I do it is a special treat and I can't wait to start using these.

And that's it, I'm all stocked up and hoping to not get tempted by any more products too soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment