Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Second Life.


When Julia's sister Kate is found murdered in Paris Julia is determined to help find her killer. While shocked to find that her sister frequently visits online sites where she hooks up with strangers Julia decides that by visiting the same sites and pretending to be her sister she may find the killer.
Resistant at first Julia soon plunges into an affair with Lukas, a stranger she has met online. Julia soon realizes that she is playing a dangerous game. Is Lukas helping her or could he be the man who killed Kate?

Although I found the story to be a little slow going initially it soon gained momentum and had me on the edge of my seat. I read it really quickly and really enjoyed it and although there were sex scenes in it they were relevant to the plot development and it wasn't '50 Shades of Thriller'esque at all (which had been something I had feared before reading it).

It's not perfect - I''m never fond of female characters that are voiced by men and there are a lot of things that Julia did that just didn't ring true. Julia was not a likable character in any way, she was self centered and treated her family and friends appallingly. As the book went on some of the coincidences in it were almost too far fetched and so I found the ending to be a little unbelievable. But it's a work of fiction and even in real life there are some truly unbelievable things that happen...

There's been a lot of mixed reviews for this book but overall I really liked it.

Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment