Sunday, October 11, 2015

Product Love - Charlotte Tilbury Eye Pencils.



I was a huge fan of Sue Devitt eye pencils and they were my go to until the brand went kaput and they were discontinued. I played around with various others but nothing really stole my heart until I bought Charlotte Tilbury eye pencils - I am totally smitten by these and have used them everyday since I bought them.

The skinny pencils are from the Rock and Kohl range - honestly how brilliant is that name? I'd buy them for that alone! 
The R'n'Ks sharpen up really well allowing you to apply a precise line, they glide on very smoothly and never drag your skin. They are perfect for using on the lid, around the eye and on the waterline. When first applied they are blendable but after a minute they set in place and last all day. Other pencils that I have used on the waterline disappear very quickly - these don't. 
I have the colors 'Barbarella Brown' which is a warm rich brown with a slight nod towards grey and 'Eye Cheat' which is a nude pencil that I use on my waterline to brighten my eyes and make them appear bigger.

The fat pencils are from the Colour Chameleon range. 
There are eight colors in this range intended to be used with different eye colours (there are two for blue eyes, two for brown, two for green and two for hazel) and each eye color has a daytime  and a nighttime pencil.
I have the ones for hazel eyes: 'Golden Quartz' for day and 'Smoky Emerald' for night (but I'm tempted to try the green eye colors also - a bronze and an amethyst).
The colors in these are highly pigmented and they do enhance the colour of your eyes so they are immensely flattering to wear. They are quite sparkly which at first I thought wouldn't work for me but the sparkly bits are minuscule so they give more of a shimmer that reflects the light back rather than being disco glittery. Because of the sparkle you can't use these on the waterline but otherwise they are very much like the R'n'Ks - very smooth to apply, very blendable and extremely long lasting. I tend to use these as liner but you can  also use them as a shadow all over the eye.
Both of these pencils are a joy to use and they really make the colour of your eyes pop!

Finally I must mention the sharpener. I bought this at the same time as the pencils and it's the best one I have ever used! The blades are incredibly sharp and do a brilliant job of sharpening without melting or over softening the product.

Charlotte Tilbury make up really does live up to the hype surrounding it as far as I'm concerned. It has limited retail outlets but you can buy it in Nordstrom stores in the US, Selfridges in the UK or purchase it on line at www.charlottetilbury.com

No comments:

Post a Comment