Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Bathroom Shelf S/S 2016


Time to check in and take a look at what is on my bathroom shelf at the moment. (I do this every six months or so as I find it interesting to see which products I have swapped out and which ones I have repurchased. I have extra skincare items in my bathroom cabinet but these tend to be unopened products or ones that I use infrequently - the ones on the shelf are the ones that I reach for on a regular basis.

As before the top shelf (starting from the left) has a scent diffuser and facial sprays. The two make up bags contain samples, one has face masks, lip balms and facial exfoliators and the other has hair care and bath and body products. Finally on this shelf are my hair care products: hair sprays, leave in conditioners, salt sprays and volumisers.

The middle shelf has my perfume collection, daily moisturisers, a vertical stack of eye creams then serums and facial oils and a couple of larger sized tubes of masks.

The bottom shelf has some empty candle holders with Muji cotton pads and cotton buds and dental flossers. Then the rest of my current skincare: facial sunscreen, exfoliating toners, Kiehl's  Ultra Facial Toner and the four cleansers that I am currently using.

Here's the shelf last December...


...I feel that although there are some staples there it has changed quite a bit.

 There are more hair products and a couple of new perfumes. 
Nude Radiant Day MoisturiserSunday Riley Good Genes and Kiehl's Ultra Facial Toner are all newly repurchased bottles so I obviously really, really like these! 
I'm currently trying to use up Sunday Riley Artemis and Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil - you use so little facial oil that a bottle lasts such a long time (I'm happy that I have used up two from last time). 
I invested in a more expensive retinol product, Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM that I have been using a couple of times a week.
Although it isn't pictured on the shelf I do have a bottle of eye make up remover that I am using but it is almost empty so I have it balancing upside down by my sink! 
Right now I have a lot of cleansers in stock but I am trying to use some up before cracking the new ones open hence I currently only have four in use, but I think they are a good selection that cover all my needs. 
I'm also currently trying to use up a lot of minis and samples (eye creams, serums, sun protection etc). Don't forget to check out my Empties posts to see how I'm doing with that and I will take another look at the shelf at the end of the year.




No comments:

Post a Comment