Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Warm Weather Beauty Refresh.


The weather affects almost every aspect of our lifestyle - from our activities to the foods we eat, the clothes that we wear and, of course, our choices of beauty products.
As the weather warms up I find myself reaching for things that I haven't picked up so much during the winter months. Here's a quick peek at some of my swapped up products...

Fragrance wise I'm inclined towards warm spicy scents but they can feel a little oppressive on hotter days so I feel the need for something fresher, fruitier or even a little floral. My go to 'it's a really hot day perfume' is Philosykos by Diptyque. It smells fig like (of course) but there is a little woody-ness that makes it fresh and green and stops it from being too sweet or girly. Diptyque currently have it on sale in a smaller travel sized edition (diptyqueparis.com).
I've also been reaching for Cologne by Etat Libre d'Orange on hotter days. It has the refreshing Neroli notes of a traditional cologne along with the addition of a little musk and bergamot which round it out very nicely, preventing it from being too astringent and lemony. (min.com).

Needless to say the warm enveloping scented shower gels have also been pushed aside for the moment and I have really been enjoying Penhaligon Juniper Sling Bath and Shower Gel (this is definitely something of a luxury bathroom item that is a real treat to use). It has a very unique scent based on the notes of dry London Gin that is zesty and uplifting with a slightly citrus edge that makes it a perfect choice for warmer months. (penhaligons.com)

I like to use a cleanser with a little clay in it during the warmer weather. I find they make my face feel very clean without feeling stripped and they help balance my skin (by which I mean they keep the oily/grease slick at bay...) I am currently using Sarah Chapman Skinesis Rapid Radiance Cleanse but I also love Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip.

I tend towards neutral tones in my make up so there not much change here and although
I use Chantecaille Just Skin every darn day I do switch the colour of it up for Summer, replacing the paler cooler toned 'Bliss' for 'Nude' which is warmer and slightly darker.
And to keep it from sliding off my face I make sure to slather on Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer which makes my make up stay in place for the best part of the day no matter what.

Summertime weather in NYC always comes with a big side serving of humidity which means hair turns into a giant frizz. R+Co Foil Frizz &Static Control Spray delivers a fine mist of Argan Oil and contains a thermal polymer to seal moisture inside the hair.  The tin dispenses a very fine spray of oil and it smells lovely. I need to try this out some more before saying how effective it is as I've a feeling it isn't going to wow me...

  (All of these items can be found at us.spacenk.com).

I love spritzes and sprays year round but I use them throughout the day in the Summer, rather than solely as a part of my cleansing routine.
Vichy Eau Thermal is about as basic as you can get (I mean, it's mineral water in a can...) but it's cheap enough that you can spray it with abandon and it's size and packaging make it ideal to pop in your handbag and use anywhere. (cvs.com)

Finally...
Of course it goes without saying that you need to up your SPF in the warmer months. I'm extremely fussy about sun screens so am trying out a few. When I find one that ticks all my sun protection boxes I will let you know!
  



No comments:

Post a Comment