Thursday, June 16, 2016

Walmart Beauty Box Summer 2016.



Walmart Beauty Box is a subscription box that automatically ships four times a year once you have signed up for it. Containing an assortment of full sized products, samples and money saving coupons the box is 'free' but you pay $5.00 for shipping. 
Let's take a look inside...

Full Sized.
Incoco Coconut Nail Art Strips (set of 12) in the pattern 'Desert Rose'. Nail art strips aren't something that I use and in addition I'm not keen on the design of these ones. I will pass these onto someone.

Minis.
Arm and Hammer Truly Radiant Toothpaste (.9fl oz). Hmmm, I'm not thrilled at getting a mini tube of toothpaste like the ones that the hygienist gives you after a dental visit... I had toothpaste in my last box as well... Arm and Hammer isn't a brand that I like so this will also be passed onto someone else. 

St Ives Apricot Scrub (1oz) This is also going into my giveaway box. I know a lot of peeps use this but it is way too harsh and scrubby and can tear your skin. This is a repeat item from a previous box for me.

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs (.75 fl oz) in the shade 'Medium'. And yet another giveaway item! (I'm not doing well with this box am I?) Not only do I not use leg make up and self tanners this is also another repeat item for me, grrrr....

Schwarzkopf Ultime Color & Radiance Shampoo (1.7fl oz) Finally a product I will use - hurrah! I had a sample of Ultime Repair & Moisture Shampoo in my Spring 2015 Walmart box and although it didn't impress me greatly it was OK. Mini products are good to pop in my travel bag so I will use this over the summer.

Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Repair Body Lotion (2fl oz) Fragrance free. Another item that I will use. Fragrance free body lotion isn't the most exciting thing out there but this travel sized tube will come in handy.

Samples.
Lady Gaga Fame EDP (.04 fl oz). Another repeat item from Spring 2015. I haven't used the previous sample so I'm not overly excited to get another one. I find it to be one of those 'head-ache-y'
fragrances...

Overall.
This box felt rather slapdash to me - there's not usually a theme to Walmart boxes and their contents aren't even always seasonally appropriate - but this felt as if someone had grabbed a bunch of products, thrown them in a box and mailed it out. I don't think that the box introduced me to any new products especially as I received several repeat items. 
There are only two items this time that I will use and they are both rather basic and the box didn't contain any money off coupons or make up items.
Walmart boxes tend to be a bit hit and miss and this one was pretty grim for me. (I feel bad complaining as the box is 'free'  but the $10.00 Target box that I received last week was simply so much better.) I will continue with my subscription however and have my fingers crossed that the next box will be more enticing.  

If you would like to sign up for Walmart Beauty Boxes you can do so at walmart.com (The details and sign up link can be found under 'special offers' in the online beauty department. 



No comments:

Post a Comment