Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Sprays and Spritzes 2017.


I love a facial spray at any time of the year but in the summer months they really come into their own! Who doesn't love a refreshing blast of something cool and who is going to say no to a quick hydration hit?
Here's a look at the array of sprays currently gracing my bathroom and bag because, did I mention, they really are the anytime/anywhere beauty boost? (Just be mindful of over spray and other people!)

The one that makes you imagine you are on the beach.
Panier des Sens Refreshing Beauty Mist.
The packaging of this looks gorgeously beachy and it's in an aluminum can so you can literally throw this one in your bag. This one contains sea water amongst other things and so, not surprisingly, it smells exactly like a mineral laden sea breeze. You can use this on your face but I prefer it for my body. The nozzle produces a very fine mist which makes it perfect for cooling down anytime, or calming and hydrating parched skin.
bigelowchemists.com

The classic one that is a bit of a bargain.
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs and Rosewater.
This cruelty free facial spray is great to use as a toner, to set make up, or for a quick refresh. It has a lovely rose fragrance that is very feminine and calming and while it's packaging isn't the most beautiful, the simple spray does deliver a light even mist.
ulta.com

The Basic One.
La Roche Posay Eau Thermal.
I always have some sort of what I call 'water in a tin' in my bathroom. I know it's merely water but it is fancy French mineral water, and not only is it so much better, it's easier to use than splashing your face with tap water that could contain who knows what! I like to use this after serum and before moisturiser to give my skin an extra boost of moisture - I find it is particularly effective if you use products containing Hyaluronic Acid. I also like to use it after a peel or when my skin feels in need of something soothing. There are plenty of options for a basic water in a tin, this happens to be the one I have at the moment, but I also like Vichy Eau Thermal and Caudalie Grape Water.
cvs.com

The Luxury One.
Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist.
Beautifully packaged in a frosted glass bottle this one is the 'Rolls Royce of facial sprays' and it comes with a Rolls Royce price tag as well! It's fragranced with rose and neroli and is a wonderful pick me up as well as being refreshing and hydrating. It's truly lovely, but honestly, I can't justify the price of this, especially as I used it up very quickly as I was spritzing it at every opportunity! This is the ultimate indulgent beauty treat but certainly not a necessary one. If you want to try a luxurious spray in a similar vein you may want to check out Caudalie Beauty Elixir which comes with less of a sticker shock price.
us.spacenk.com

The one for Witch Hazel fans.
Ole Henrikson Balancing Cucumber Face Mist.
I find Witch Hazel to be a little to astringent for me but if you like it this may be the facial spray for you! A mix of water and witch hazel with cucumber, chamomile, ginseng, apricot and aloe, it smells more green and herbal rather than straight up cucumber-y. The spray mechanism of this doesn't deliver a fine mist so I suggest you decant it into a different container or use it on a cotton pad. This spray isn't for me but if you want a slight upgrade from drugstore Witch Hazel this is one to try.
amazon.com

The one for problem skin.
La Roche Posay Serozinc.
This one's a bit of a cult product and it is basically the LRP Eau Thermal plus zinc sulphate which when applied to skin has anti inflammatory effects and promotes healing. Although it's recommended for greasy skins, it's a good one for anyone with skin that can be problematic or breaks out easily.
amazon.com

The one that gives a subtle glow.
Hampton Sun Serious Shimmer Cooling Spray.
When I first saw this body spray I was put off by how gold and shimmery it looked. Once on, there's not a trace of sparkle to be seen just a subtle sheen that enhances a tan. Subtly fragranced with Hampton Sun signature 'Privet Bloom' fragrance it has a delicate floral aroma and contains a host of soothing ingredients including aloe, glycerine, chamomile and fruit oils that hydrate and leave your skin feeling noticeably cooler. This one feels quite luxurious and is the perfect spray to use before going out in the evening after a day at the beach.     
The fun one.
Hint Sunscreen Spray SPF30.
There's nothing funny about SPF but the fact that it can be a chore to apply and often feels dreadful once on often means it's not applied as frequently as it should be. This broad spectrum sunscreen appears almost water like and when sprayed on the body it doesn't feel greasy so it's comfortable to wear and there's no white caste to it. It's super easy to apply and water resistant for eighty minutes which makes it a beach bag essential. What sets this aside from other spray on SPFs in my book though is the scent. It's made by Hint, who are better known for their fruit flavoured waters, and it smells exactly like fresh fruit. I have the Pineapple version but it also comes in grapefruit or pear. It's very zingy and uplifting and the scent is pretty strong when first sprayed but it quickly fades into a subtle tropical fragrance. It's a joyous product and I think that the fruity fragrances make these very appealing to children who can be notoriously shy of using sunscreens.
drinkhint.com 

The natural one.
Evan Healy Lavender Facial Tonic HydroSoul.
I don't often pick up beauty products at the health food store but when I do it's likely to be one of Evan Healy's Hydrosols. This one which is made from 100% organic lavender is great for calming irritated skin or skin that may have had a touch too much sun. I find that these really help with hydration levels as well. This doesn't smell sharply of lavender, it smells a little like a  health food shop if you know what I mean, but it's quite relaxing and it doesn't make my skin feel at all prickly as some lavender products can. Finally, these come in a glass bottle with sprays that work extremely well, so well that I often find myself reusing them with other products.
wholefoods.com

I think the selection above covers pretty much all my spritz and spray needs for the summer, but they are one of my most beloved products and there is always one for one more in my spray wardrobe!


No comments:

Post a Comment