Thursday, August 24, 2017

Free Birthday Beauty Goodies: 2017.


August is my birthday month and although I don't have a whole load of store/loyalty cards it's quite amazing how many retailers offer you some sort of birthday gift.
Some of them entail you making a purchase (I would never advocate buying anything you don't need merely to get a free gift) but there are quite a few that don't require you to shop to get your gift.
If you  need anything and your birthday month is coming up it may be worth your while to hold off shopping until then, either way, if it is your birthday month it's worthwhile to check out what your favourite beauty retailers have on offer.

Sephora
If you are a Sephora Beauty Insider (and if you aren't, why? It's free to sign up and each purchase accumulates points that you can trade in for samples along with other advantages and offers) there is a choice of gifts, one of which you can claim, no purchase required if you pick up in store. This year there was a choice of skincare minis from Caudalie, make up minis from Tarte and even one for the boys from Jack Black. I chose the skincare set (of course) comprised of Caudalie Vinosource Sorbet (10ml) and Vinoperfect Serum (also 10ml) which is worth $36.00 - pretty impressive!

SpaceNK
Members of Space NK NDulge program (again if not, why not? Free to join and you get cash discounts from points earned) received a beautifully packaged three piece gift this year. Again no purchase necessary if you pick up in store. This gift contained a generous sized sample of Eve Lom Rescue Mask (15ml), which is something that I haven't used for a very long time so I'm quite keen to try it out again, a mini Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor Lipstick (1.5g) and a mini Kevyn Aucoin Essential Mascara (4ml). This gift is worth $30.00 which again isn't bad for a total freebie!

Ulta
Ulta is fast becoming one of my favourite places to do a beauty shop! They have very good offers and  some lovely products that are exclusive to them. During your birthday month they offer double points on purchases to members of the Ultamate Rewards program and this month's birthday gift was a full sized exclusive NYX eye shadow palette with no purchase necessary if you visit a store. I can't give an exact value for this as it is specially produced for Ulta as a birthday gift but it is a full sized palette with ten shadows and a mirror so let's guess $15.00? This is a beautiful palette, very on trend, with warm brickish tones that will look good with a bronzed summer look and transition well into autumn make up looks. This isn't something that I would have necessarily picked out for myself - it's a little bolder than my usual more neutral look, but I do love this gift! There are shades here that I will most certainly use and I like the formula and colour payoff of these eye shadows - NYX is possibly my favourite drugstore make up brand offering innovative products at pocket friendly prices. 

Kiehl's
Whilst most stores seem to have upped their game with their birthday gifts Kiehl's seem to have taken a step in the other direction. If you are a member of their rewards scheme you can pick up a tube of  #1 Lip Balm (worth $7.00)gratis but only of you make a purchase during your birthday month. I didn't take them up on this offer as we are well stocked with Kiehl's products but there's one in my picture as we have plenty of tubes of this hanging around. It's a basic petroleum jelly lip balm, not bad, but not my favourite.

Cult Beauty
Cult Beauty offer 15% discount on any orders you make during your birthday month.

Caudalie
Caudalie automatically apply 30 points to your MyCaudalie Rewards on your birthday which you can redeem for a gift once you have reached a certain amount. 

Victoria's Secret
I know that Victoria's Secret isn't strictly a beauty store but holders of Angel Cards get $10.00 applied to any purchase with their card and there are plenty of body products and lip colours to choose from there.

I love all these little beauty perks, they help make a birthday even more fun and it makes me favourable towards stores that reward your loyalty in some way.
These are just the ones that I have received without me seeking them out. There must be many more out there that I'm unaware - so do let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment