Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Sephora: The Ultimate Travel Bag.



These days I don't buy all that much from Sephora. I love the store to browse in but when it comes to actually purchasing I tend to shop elsewhere simply because other stores and websites seem to offer better value as they tend to have more generous GWP's and enticing rewards programs.
However one thing that Sephora do do well are their curated favourites sets. Made up of a selection of mini (did I mention my love for a mini beauty product?) and sometimes full sized items they offer great value for money as well as giving you the chance to try out a selection of products before committing to a full sized full priced purchase.

Recently I picked up their Ultimate Travel Bag set which was priced at $40.00 with a value of $128.00 - bargain! The kit containing eleven hair, body and skincare items, one of which was full sized, the rest were all generously sized deluxe samples:

VERB Hydrating Shampoo 68ml.
VERB Hydrating Conditioner 68ml.
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream 24ml.
Lavanila Sport Luxe Deodorant 28gr.
Fresh Soy Face Cleanser 20ml.
Caudalie Beauty Elixir 30ml.
Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm 7ml.
Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil 4.5ml.
Clinique Pep Start Hydroblur Moisturiser 7ml.
Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen SPF50 30ml.
Sunday Riley Luna Oil 5ml.

I like all of the products featured here that I have tried before - the Fresh Cleanser, Algenist Eye Cream, Josie Maran Oil and the Caudalie spray (which I almost always seem to have to hand due to it's frequent inclusion in gift bags and sets - I don't think I have ever bought one outright!)
I have been wanting to try out Bum Bum Cream and the Lavanila Deodorant and I'm very happy to get my hands on a good sized sample of Luna Oil that I can try out for a decent amount of time.

I put this set to my 'packing a toiletry bag test' whereby I go through my morning and night time routines in my head checking products off as I pack them - 'Wake up, wash face' (cleanser - tick), 'get in shower' ( body wash, shampoo and conditioner - tick) - you get the idea - and this bag fared pretty well. 
The only thing that was blatantly missing was something to wash my body with, so I'm assuming the Sephora people presume we are all happy to use those fiddly miniature bars of soap that you find in hotel bathrooms. You would also need to pack extra body lotion as that sample is pretty small and bodily sunscreen but the rest of the things in the set would have you pretty well set up with a basic routine that would last for the duration of a short trip.

This feels like a very summery edit of products to me, so it would be particularly good to throw in your luggage before you head off on a seaside trip. And everything comes packaged in a clear zippered plastic make up bag that would be ideal to put in your beach bag with things you need to keep dry (or you could upgrade from a Ziplock bag and use it for a wet swimsuit).
Finally, the contents and the bag are all TSA compliant so you can fly with it in your hand luggage.

If you're planning a late Summer mini break or a Labor Day Weekend getaway you have the perfect excuse for picking one of these sets up!




No comments:

Post a Comment