Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Current Skincare Routine: Evening.



As with my morning skincare, my nighttime skincare choices have become pretty, well, routine of late. I've been reaching for pretty much the same things most days, again partly because my skin is in a good place and seems to be happy with the current mix of products and also because in an effort to reduce my stash I'm trying to be consistent with what I use rather than having several pots of the same stuff open all at the same time as has been my wont in the past.
Here's a look at the products I'm reaching for most nights right now:

Darphin Eye Make Up Remover Solution.
I remove my eye make up with a separate remover before I cleanse. Always have done, always will, as I don't like it when my eye make up smears over my face. I'm pretty fussy about my eye make up remover: I don't want anything that stings or irritates my eyes (obvs), I don't want anything that I have to drag or scrub over my eyes (again obvs) and I don't want anything that dries out my eye area but I can't use anything that leaves a greasy film around my eyes and makes my vision blurry. This has been ticking all my boxes and, although it's not the cheapest, this bottle has lasted me for ages

Soap & Glory The Ultimelt.
Lately I've been trying to use something that isn't super expensive for my first cleanse/taking off my make up. The Ultimelt does a good job of dissolving make up, rinses off easily, doesn't irritate my skin, smells and feels lovely and is very affordable. This won't be for you if you have any sensitivity to essential oils but if you are good with them give it a try. I've been very impressed, sometimes even using this for my second cleanse as well.

Darphin Aromatic Cleansing Balm.
I've been using this exclusively as a second cleanse, It's far too good to waste on taking off make up, this is something I want directly on my skin. This feels truly indulgent - it smells divine and is a lovely consistency for facial massage, it leaves my skin feeling softened - even the packaging of this is luxe. Again it's not for those with sensitivity to essential oils and you do need to emulsify this with water to remove it properly but overall it's fabulous and a real treat for your skin.

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads Extreme.
Once or twice a week I will use a stronger acid peel or mask but the rest of the time I have been happily using these. Don't mind their rather dramatic name, they aren't very extreme at all. With 5% glycolic acid they are mild enough for me to use everyday. I like the convenience of a pre soaked pad, along with the fact that I can easily pick these up at the drugstore for a very reasonable price.

La Roche Posay Serozinc.
After any sort of exfoliate or treatment I like to treat my skin to a hydrating spritz of something. At the moment it's Serozinc which feels soothing and refreshing and helps balance my oily t-zone.

Sunday Riley Good Genes.
I've written many many times about Good Genes. My skin looks smoother, brighter and somehow more illuminated whenever I use this as my serum. I almost always use this as my night time serum - it is probably my favourite ever skin care product. A couple of times a week I will use a retinol product instead, currently Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM, but I much prefer this to anything else.

Darphin Wrinkle Corrective Eye Contour Cream.
This is a lovely thick rich cream that sinks in readily without leaving my eye area feeling greasy. I prefer a lighter cream during the day when I'm going to put make up on top but at night I'm quite happy to use something a little heavier. This hydrates my skin well and makes my eye area look smoother.

Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil.
This is such a nice facial oil! I like to use this on nights when my skin needs soothing or feels a little tight or dry. This is another wonderfully scented product (and again perhaps not for everyone as it contains lavender oil). As well as being a sensory treat I find that this absorbs very well and it leaves my skin feeling softer.

Zelens 3t Complex.
If I'm not using oil on top of my serum I'm using this! It's a truly luxurious cream (yes it's expensive!) with a whole host of ingredients (some naturally derived some not) that feels extremely nourishing. This plumps my skin and makes my face look radiant and sculpted. I'm sort of gutted that I like this so much as it is out of my normal price range but I'm enjoying using this immensely whilst I have it!

I'm sure that as the weather warms up and I finish products that my night time routine will change but for now I am loving this combination of products and my skin is too!

No comments:

Post a Comment