Thursday, September 3, 2015

Empties August 2015.


August produced a bumper crop of empties - I managed to finish fifteen full sized products and thirteen samples! 

I finished two samples of Chloe EDT which is one of the scents I wear in summer, it's a feminine floral with a little depth to it that stops it from being too sweet.

I managed to use up three make up items - Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, Chantecaille Cheek Cream in the shade 'Demure' (a lovely blendable blush that I repeat purchase) and Shiseido Laquer Gloss (#304) which I adored - not only was this comfortable to wear, it lasted really well without drying my lips.

I finished three cleansers. Burt's Bee's Deep Cleansing Cream which was a little thick for my liking - I found it to be too firm to massage my face with and it wasn't the easiest product to rinse off. I did like Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm however as it made my face feel nice and soft and it's a good budget buy. Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk was a lightly scented make up remover that was really efficient and a great hot weather product as it wasn't at all thick or heavy.

 I loved Algenist Bi Phase Peel, a mix of gycolic and oil that tingled on application but rinsed off to leave silky soft skin. 
I also enjoyed refreshing spritzes of La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water when it got too hot or my skin started to feel tight from too much air conditioning.

Of course I loved all three Sunday Riley items I used up: Juno and Flora oils and Good Genes serum.
I was impressed with Kiehl's Super Corrective Cream and used it as a night time moisturiser. Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm was a good eye cream that felt light and sank in quickly to hydrate the eye area,

I didn't like Mario Badescu Cellufirm Drops serum as it didn't really seem to do anything for me except make my skin feel slightly tight and dry. Ren Instant Firming Beauty Shot was another serum that I wasn't enamored with as it made my skin feel tight and didn't layer well with other products, disappointing as Ren is a brand that I usually love. I also disliked Lancer The Method Polish, an exfoliator that just felt way too harsh and had a very strong lavender scent that I found almost overpowering.

Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask was revelation to me - a non-messy clay mask that really cleaned my skin without making it feel tight. It rinsed off easily and left me with a healthy glow! This was my favorite product of the month and a great new discovery for me. 

Hair wise all I finished was a little tube of Oribe Supershine Cream which I love - there's a whole load of shampoos and conditioners in my bathroom that all have just a smidgen left tho! 

Finally I finished my stash of Fenjel Cream Body Wash which is my favorite body wash ever. I really wish this was easier to get hold of here.

So, lots of empties and some room on my shelves for new products - result!


No comments:

Post a Comment