Sunday, June 11, 2017

Target Beauty Box: June 2017.


(Target beauty boxes are non subscription boxes that are available each month. Prices vary but they are normally $7.00 or $10.00. For more information visit target.com).

It's been some time since I indulged in a Target Beauty Box, they seemed to be a bit same old, same old for a while - mini shampoos, conditioners, a lip product in a colour that I would never use, a foamy face wash - you know what I mean I'm sure. Anyway, June's box was a little different and contained things that I would actually use so here's a look inside...

Schick Hydro Silk 5 Blade Razor.
($6.00)
Razors are expensive so they are always a welcome edition to any beauty box for me! This is a 'proper' razor, not a disposable one, and comes with one blade. 
Thumbs up.

Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport Ultra Light SPF 30.
(2fl oz $2.25) 
Mini sunscreens are another thing that I am always pleased to receive in beauty boxes. This one is water resistant for 80 minutes and feels light and comfortable, absorbing quickly and it leaves no white caste. It's lightly fragranced with a tropical fruity beach scent that I love. I wouldn't use this on my face but I will use it on my body.
Thumbs up.

John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Salt Spray.
(1fl oz $3.00) 
This is another product with a subtle beachy fragrance. This adds volume and pieceiness to my hair without leaving it crunchy, it's a great size to pop in a bag as well.
Thumbs up.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Conditioner. 
(1.7fl oz 65cents)
It's been a long, long time since I used Aussie hair products so I'm interested to revisit this and see if I like it! As someone who no matter how hard they try always ends up using twice as much conditioner as shampoo I'm happy to have extra conditioners in stock.
Thumbs up.

Masque Bar Soothing Sheet Mask.
($3.50)
This Korean sheet mask contains Vitamin E, collagen and aloe which sounds like a good combination to me! Although I have quite a few sheet masks hanging around I have decided to start putting one in my case every time I travel and use it when I have an early night on a trip, so this is another win for me.
Thumbs up.

NYX Gotcha Covered Concealer.
(.27oz Full size $6.00) 
This full sized concealer gives full coverage and is waterproof. I don't have a concealer that gives as much coverage as this one does so it is a handy addition to my kit. I received the shade 'Medium' which is possibly a tad too dark for me but as I'm always on the look out for good concealers I'm happy to try this so I can at least find out what the formula is like without paying full price.
Thumbs Up. 

Sinful Colors Nail Polish
(.5fl oz Full size. $2.00)
I was sent this polish in the shade 'Island Coral' which is a matte pale coral. It is a lovely colour for summer but not one that I would pick out for myself so I will pass this on to someone who will use it.
Thumbs up - because it's only my personal preference that means I won't use it and TBH if I hadn't streamlined my nail polish collection so recently I would have probably kept this.

Overall
I think that this was a really good selection of products and great value for money. I paid $7.00 for $24.00 of products, shipping was free and there is a coupon for $3.00 off any beauty purchase of $15.00 or more at Target.


The box was excellently curated, the products are all things that are appropriate for the summer weather and holidays, and I will use everything in it except the nail polish. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment