Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Glossybox May 2014



So after last months venture into the world of subscription boxes I did indeed dip my toe into the water again. 
When I saw the online spoilers for the May Glossybox I just could not believe what a great deal it was and had to have it. Glossybox is a monthly beauty box that costs just $21.00 a month (total inc. tax and shipping) and like PopSugar you can purchase just one box. May's box was a collaboration with Bergdorf Goodman.

I filled in a short questionnaire and based on my answers they selected six generously sized deluxe samples. Also included in the box was a $25.00 Bergdorf Goodman gift card... yup, that's right $25.00.   Basically the box, it's contents and the shipping were free and I'm up $4.00, win, win all round!

The box itself is, indeed, glossy and very nice. I am keeping it and using it for storage. The samples were just fabulous, there's not one thing that I disliked in there.

The Alterna CC Caviar Cream for hair adds moisture, shine and protection. I'm on the lookout for a new leave in hair treatment and if I get along with this I may buy a full sized one - it smells great BTW.

The Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Primer (despite having a silly name) is very light in consistency and feels almost like a serum on application. It has good slip, I can feel it gripping my base and it's not at all silicone -y. 

Next up are two eye creams that I have yet to try, but I'm super thrilled to get eye creams and especially the ReVive Intensite Eye Serum. The full size of this serum retails at a whopping $350.00 for a half ounce so this sample alone is worth $50.00! There's almost $20.00 worth of Lancer Eye Contour Lifting Cream  here as well.

The Atelier Cologne sample is 'Rose Anonyme', and I really like it. It's not an overtly rosy scent and is really quite incense like so it's right up my street.

Finally, I love all things Chantecaille, as you may well know. The Luminous Gloss in 'Framboise' looks super bright, but actually goes on as a clear wash of colour, leaving behind a subtle pink high gloss.

Overall, I'm super pleased with my Glossybox. Unfortunately this box is sold out but June's box is now available. Why not take a look at glossybox.com ?


No comments:

Post a Comment